Until Dawn is a game in which every protagonist can either die or survive, depending on your choices. This is a complete guide on how to kill the protagonists in every way possible. By following this guide, you should be able to receive the This Is THE End Trophy.
Jessica's deaths all revolve around her lower jaw.
Jessica's first possible death is in Chapter 4, where Mike is chasing after her when a mysterious figure grabs her and pulls her out into the open.
While chasing after Jess, choose the slower paths (Follow Path, Go Around, Shimmy, and Follow Path) to ensure her death, or alternatively, choose the faster options (Risk Shortcut, Jump Down, Jump, and Risk Slide Down) then fail all the QTEs. Mike will then proceed to the building where she was dragged into. Note that whether or not you made it in time, you can still hear her pleading for help.
Mike then ventures to the elevator shaft looking up. Jessica will fall down and land on the metal elevator floor, with her jaw forcefully torn off by the Wendigo. Mike will then grieve as the elevator shaft falls.
If Jessica survived her first encounter with the Wendigo, she will wake up in the mines in Chapter 9. Her second possible death will be in Chapter 10, possibly tagging on to Matt if he survived as well, being chased by the Wendigo.
If Matt survived up to Chapter 10: After Matt lights up the lantern, he will be greeted by a terrified Jessica. Relieved to see Matt, they will briefly inform each other of what they've been through. Matt, seeing that Jess is in no condition to roam by herself, will try to lead her out of the mines. They will then be alerted by the Wendigo's screeches.
Run Ahead or Hide
For Jessica's death, run ahead. Matt tries to run with her but Jessica, being injured, will be caught by the Wendigo, who then shoves its fingers into her throat before tearing her jaw off.
Abandon Jessica or Hide Together
If Jessica passes the first QTE option by hiding with Matt, he will then have the option to abandon her. Do just that. Matt will leave her by herself as the Wendigo easily catches her and chokes her, then proceeds to rip her jaw off.
- Fail any Don't Move segments, QTEs, and timed choices. The Wendigo will be alerted to their presence and kill both of them.
If Matt died before Chapter 10: Jessica is seen trying to drag herself to a table and light up a lantern. She will proceed, lingering through the mines.
After hearing a noise, Jessica will be terrified and warily looks behind her before attempting to escape. Choosing to run will always result in her getting killed by the Wendigo by choking her and then ripping her jaw off.
- Fail any Don't Move segments and timed choices. The Wendigo will be alerted to her presence and kill Jess.
Matt's deaths revolve around his facial area. He can have his face bashed in or have his lower jaw hooked.
Matt cannot die in this chapter, however, he can make certain choices that will make it easier to kill him.
When Emily proposes to go to the fire tower, agree with her. This will make Matt waste the flare gun in Chapter 6.
Ignore The Elk or Hit The Elk
Matt then has the option to hit one of the elk. Hit them. The other elk will become infuriated and force them all the way to the end of the cliff. If you fail any QTE or don't do anything when given timed choices, Matt will fall and smash his head on a rock.
Matt cannot die in this segment, though while playing as Emily, the player can make choices that will make it easier to kill Matt and possibly Emily.
As Emily, you might find the emergency flare box, though the best option (in this case) is to just ignore it. You'll now get two choices:
Keep The Flare Gun or Give The Flare Gun To Matt
If you agreed to go to the fire tower as Matt, give the flare gun to him. He will shoot it to signal for help as soon as he gets it, making it unusable.
After successfully transmitting messages to local park rangers, the fire tower starts to collapse. After it falls to the ground and into the mines, the scene cuts to Matt on the remains of the fire tower. He then sees Emily hanging onto the tower, pleading for help. As the tower starts to collapse further, the player will be presented with these two choices:
Save Emily or Jump To Safety
Save Emily twice. The ledge will considerably weaken. Matt, now alerted by this, jumps last second to safety. Emily also falls deep down to the mines.
- Matt wakes up to find himself lying down on a ledge. Matt frantically calls out to Emily in despair and starts to sob. He will then be alerted by a presence. Not knowing where it is, it surprises him from the back and drags him through his sweater. Because he shot the flare gun earlier, Matt has nothing to defend himself with and gets dragged to a nearby meat hook. It then impales his jaw to the hook, leaving Matt to drown in his own blood.
If he survived his first and second encounters, he will appear in this chapter.
If Jessica survived until Chapter 10: Matt will be seen jumping from a ledge and walking to a table. He'll proceed to light a lantern, but will be greeted by a terrified Jessica. After the two converse, Matt, seeing as she is in no condition to roam by herself, will attempt to lead her out of the mines. They will alerted by the sound of a Wendigo screeching behind them.
Hide or Run Ahead
The best option is to hide and fail the Don't Move segment. Both will die.
However, had the player did not fail the Don't Move segment, Matt and Jessica will attempt to escape from the Wendigo:
Abandon Jessica or Hide Together
- If you decide to abandon Jessica, Matt will leave her to die and Jessica will get killed. Matt then runs out of the mines and the player will have to hit a QTE to close a metal door. Not hitting it will result in Matt having his face bashed in.
- If you break through, Matt and Jessica will try to avoid the Wendigo, but failing the Don't Move segment will result in Matt and Jessica's deaths.
- Fail any Don't Move segments, QTEs, and timed choices. The Wendigo will be alerted by their presence and kill both of them.
Run or Hide
After walking into a pathway, he will be alerted by a Wendigo's presence. Matt has the option to either run or hide.
- If you hide, he will try to avoid the Wendigo. Fail the Don't Move the segment. The Wendigo will see him and bash his face in.
- If you run, he will pass the first QTE stage, so hiding is the better option to kill Matt faster.
Keep Running or Break Through
If he survives the first QTE stage, he will have the option to continue running or break through a wooden barrier.
- If he keeps on running, he'll come across an unlocked metal door. Fail the QTE. The Wendigo will make its way in and bash his face in, killing him.
- If he breaks through, he'll shimmy to the corner, trying to avoid the Wendigo. Fail the Don't Move segment. The Wendigo will see him and bash his face in.
- Fail any Don't Move segments and timed choices. The Wendigo will become alerted by his presence and kill Matt.
Emily has the most diverse ways of dying. Two of her deaths involve her eyes, as she can either get her right eye shot or get her eyes gouged out by a Wendigo. She can also get the lower half of her body crushed, and her whole body incinerated through an explosion.
Even though Emily cannot die in this segment, Matt can make certain choices that will make it easier to kill both characters.
When Emily proposes to go to the fire tower, as Matt, agree with her. This will help Matt waste the flare gun in Chapter 6.
Emily cannot die in this segment, though the player can make choices that will make it easier to kill the couple.
As Emily, you might find the emergency flare box, though the safest option is to just ignore it. If you want to get the Butterfly Effect, get the flare gun. You'll now get two choices (only if Matt is still alive):
Keep The Flare Gun or Give The Flare Gun To Matt
If you agreed to go to the fire tower as Matt, give the flare gun to him. He will shoot it as soon as he gets it, making it useless.
Another way to waste the flare gun is to keep the flare gun as Emily. You'll then be presented with another set of choices:
Shoot or Stow
Choosing to shoot it will waste it, making it easier to kill the couple.
If Emily makes it to the surface, you can fail the QTEs to have the Wendigo catch up to Emily. This will cause Emily's death.
If Emily survived the aforementioned events, she will make it to a conveyor belt and turn it on. You'll now be presented with 2 choices:
Stay On or Leap Off
Choose to stay on the conveyor belt instead of leaping off. You will then need to fail the two QTEs in order for her to fall into the grinding mill. She will fall and the grinder crushes her lower body.
This also ensures the "Exorcism of Emily" trophy.
Although Emily cannot die at this time, there is a choice that will lead to another death later.
If Emily was bitten and Mike did not shoot her, Ashley will discover that the bite is not infectious and you will have the choice to reveal the truth or not. If you do NOT reveal the truth, Emily will not have a grudge against Ashley later on. So choosing to conceal the truth is your "go to" option.
If Emily was not bitten, this scenario won't happen and Emily will not be angry at Ashley.
After Mike and Sam arrive at the lodge and go down to the basement, Chris, Ashley, and Emily will run out and shout that they need to go. Depending on what happened in the basement in Chapter 8, Emily could have a possibility of another death if Chris is still alive.
- If you revealed the truth about the bite to Emily, she will push Ashley and will be in front of her.
- If you did not reveal the truth or Emily was not bitten, Emily will not push past Ashley and will be behind her instead. This scenario will contribute to one of Emily's deaths.
Once upstairs, they are halted by the Wendigos and need to sneak past them in order to escape. As Sam, there are few options to ensure Emily's demise.
If you fail the first "Don't Move" segment as Sam or don't do anything to save Mike and Emily was behind Ashley (did not push her), Emily will be in danger. There are then three choices:
- Save Emily: If you choose to save Emily, Sam will call out to the Wendigo, saving her. This will guarantee Emily being safe from Hannah. This will however not guarantee Emily's survival if Sam chooses to run to the switch afterward and if she's the last person in the group (didn't push Ashley).
- Run to switch: If you choose to run to the switch, Sam will sprint to the light switch while escaping the Wendigos. By choosing this option over the Save Emily option, Emily will be inside the lodge and will die in the explosion.
- Do nothing: If you do nothing, the Wendigo will come closer to Emily. Panicked, Emily will frantically try to run. The Wendigo catches her instead and will then gouge her eyes out, similar to her possible death in Chapter 8.
The Run To Switch outcome can also happen if Sam stayed still during the first "Don't Move" section. If you choose that option over Save Mike or Hide, Emily will burn as well. However, this will guarantee Mike's death and possibly Ashley's if she is still in the lodge.
Running to the switch immediately when given the option will ensure the "Instant Inferno" trophy.
Chris' deaths all revolve around decapitation.
Despite not being able to die at all in this chapter, Chris can make decisions that ultimately lead to his death.
Chris and Ashley regain consciousness, tied up to chairs. Ashley will start panicking with Chris trying to comfort her. They will be alerted by the Psycho's voice, and he will explain the situation: Chris has to use the given gun on the table and choose to whether shoot himself or Ashley.
Shoot Ashley or Shoot Himself/Do Nothing
- If you shoot Ashley, Ashley will become distraught and angered with Chris. Shooting Ashley is the ideal way to kill Chris, as this is a reliable way to ensure Chris's death later on.
- If you choose to shoot yourself, Ashley will be thankful and glad that Chris would give his life for her and will even kiss him. Doing this will prevent Chris from dying after reaching the door later on, so doing this isn't good if you're planning to kill him.
- If you choose to do nothing and put the gun down, Ashley will still be thankful and glad that they're both alive and will kiss Chris. Again, doing this will prevent Chris from dying at the door scene later on, so doing this isn't ideal if you want Chris to die.
Chris will come out with the Stranger looking for Josh. There are hints in the scene prior to his departure that Chris will or won't be dead no matter what.
- If Ashley kisses him, that means he has a chance of survival if he makes it to the door.
- If Ashley stares coldly at him and locks the door, Chris will die no matter what.
If you complete all the timed QTEs and arrive to the door, one of these two scenarios will take place (determined by your choices in Chapter 6):
- If you chose to shoot Chris or do nothing, Chris will bang on the door pleading for Ashley to open it, which she does. She will ask about his well-being and they will then proceed to the basement.
- If you chose to shoot Ashley, Chris will bang on the door pleading for Ashley to open it. She doesn't, as she no longer trusts Chris. The Wendigo will catch and decapitate him.
Chris cannot die at this time, but Ashley can make decisions that will kill him later.
Inquire or Reassure
Ashley has the option to either leave him behind or insist that he keeps going. Choose to leave him behind (Inquire). Killing Ashley will result in Chris's unavoidable death later on.
(If Chris survives now, he will survive the rest of the night, as he is the only one who cannot die in Chapter 10).After Ashley's possible unfortunate demise, Chris will appear again, jumping down into the sewage tunnel. After following where the group went, Chris will hear a voice leading to the left. If Ashley died by opening the latch, Chris will die no matter what, by either being grabbed from the ceiling or decapitated when looking for Ashley.
Investigate Voice or Rejoin Group
Chris will either have the option to investigate the voice or rejoin the group. No matter what you do, if Ashley dies before Chris, he will always be decapitated by the Wendigo. If Ashley survived, Chris has to investigate the voice and open the latch for him to die.
Opening the trap door will ensure the "You Let The Wrong One In!" trophy.
Ashley's deaths are diverse, but they usually involve her facial area. She can either get decapitated, or get her eyes gouged out by a Wendigo. She can also get incinerated.
Although Ashley cannot die in this chapter, she can make decisions while in the basement that will lead to her being in danger later on. This can only happen if Emily was bitten.
If Emily got bitten, Ashley will always be the first one to notice the bite. Mike will try to shoot her, and Ashley will be pushing him to do so. Don't. Although she will always end up reading the book, she will have the option to reassure Emily or conceal the information about her bite being harmless.
Reassure or Conceal
Reassure her. Despite Ashley's attempts to comfort her, Emily will end up slapping the former and holding a grudge against her for the remainder of the game. This will lead to Emily pushing past Ashley, resulting in more possible deaths in Chapter 10.
After insisting for the others go while she closes the manhole, she will look for them after getting separated. While walking down the sewage path, she will become alerted by a voice. Believing it to be Jessica, she'll have the option to either investigate the voice or rejoin the group. (Note that if you kill Ashley before Chris if you leave him behind, Chris will always be decapitated, as mentioned above).
- If you investigate the voice and open the trap door latch, she will be attacked by the Wendigo. It will put its hands on her head and either twist her head off or tear it from her shoulders, killing her nearly instantly.
- If you investigate the voice, only unlock the trap door latch and then walk away, she will be grabbed and forced to the ground by the Wendigo. The Wendigo will then proceed to kill Ashley as described above.
- If you investigate the voice and simply ignore it and walk past it, she will jump off a ledge, rejoining the group and ensuring her survival for now.
Opening the trap door will ensure the "You Let The Wrong One In!" trophy.
Save Ashley: If you choose to save Ashley, Sam will call out to the Wendigo, saving her. This will however not guarantee Ashley's survival if Sam chooses to run to the switch afterward and if she's the last person in the group by getting pushed by Emily.
Run to Switch: If you choose to run to the switch while Ashley is still inside, Sam will run out of the lodge, hitting the light switch on the way out while escaping the Wendigos. By choosing this option, Ashley will be inside the lodge and will die in the fiery explosion.
Do Nothing: If you do nothing, the Wendigo will come closer to Ashley. Frightened, Ashley will frantically try to run but will get caught. The Wendigo will then gouge her eyes out, completely identical to Emily’s possible death.
Josh's death involves the lower part of his face, as he can get his head crushed. However, his fake death scene involves getting his body cut in half by a saw.
Sam's only possible death in the game involves her abdomen. It can get impaled with a Wendigo's arm.
If Sam fails the first Don’t Move sequence, Mike will save her, but if the player fails any other Don’t Move segments or does nothing when given the option to hide or run, the Wendigo will impale Sam’s abdomen with its arm. This is Sam's only possible death in the game, as she is an essential part of the game's story.
Mike's deaths revolve around getting incinerated. A possible attack that would lead to his death involves a Wendigo lacerating his abdomen.
Mike can also die when Sam runs to the switch before Mike leaves the house (Choosing to Run when given the option to Save Mike or Hide). If this is the case, Mike will die in the explosion. Mike is also the last person to leave the lodge, making it easier for him to die.
These are Mike's only possible deaths in the game, as he is an essential part of the game's story.
|How To Kill Everyone In Every Way Possible In Until Dawn|